1. ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS listen to your Realtor and Lender. They will help you throughout the process. (Remember that no one gets paid until you are happily in your home, so we are all here to help you)
2. Avoid using credit cards or letting your current accounts fall behind.
3. Be thorough on you loan application. Include all loans and liabilities you have. Excluding anything will cause problems down the road.
4. Talk to your lender before making any deposits. Yes, I said deposits.
5. Don't buy a car, truck, or van unless you want to live in it.
6. Don't quit your job, change jobs, or become self employed. Lenders fear change.
7. Furniture is also a "No No". Wait until you move in to buy furniture. Not only will it cause problems, but keep in mind that before you close, it isn't your home. Once you close and are ready to move in you can decorate YOUR home.
8. Don't change banks. This in itself raises red flags with your loan.
9. Someone you know needs a co-signer? Happily co-sign for them AFTER you have the keys to your new home.
10. Set the money for your closing costs aside. If you spend that then how will you close and get your keys.
Buying a home gives you butterflies. If you don't follow these guidelines, it could give you ulcers. Food for thought.
Author:David Wedding Phone: 505-331-9760 Dated: September 29th 2017 Views: 246 About David: ...
View our latest blog posts in your RSS reader. Click here to access.